Here’s how to delete your search history in a few simple steps.
Checkout this video:
Deleting Your Entire Search History
If you’re concerned about your privacy, you may want to delete your entire search history. Doing this is simple and only takes a few seconds. First, open your web browser and go to your settings. In the settings menu, find the section labeled “History” and click on it. This will bring up a list of all the websites you have visited in the past. Find the button that says “Clear History” and click it. This will delete your entire search history.
Open your Google account
Sign in to your Google account. On the top right corner of the page, click on your profile picture. Click on Sign out to sign out of your current account.
Enter your email address and password to sign in again.
Click on the My account button located on the top right corner of the page.
Under “Sign-in & security”, click on Connected apps & sites.
In the “Apps with access to your account” section, click Manage apps.
Go to “my activity”
To find and delete your search history, go to “My Activity,” which you can find using the steps below:
– Open your Web & App Activity page. You may need to sign in to your Google Account.
– On the left, click More Delete activity by.
– Below “Delete by date,” click the Down arrow All time .
– To the right of “All time,” click Delete .
Click on the three vertical dots on the top right corner
On your computer, open Chrome. At the top right, click More . Click History. On the left, click Clear browsing data. A box will appear. From the drop-down menu, select how much history you want to delete. To clear everything, select All time. Check the boxes for the info you want Chrome to clear, including “Browsing history.” Click Clear data.
Click “delete activity by”
If you want to delete your entire search history, click “delete activity by” in the bottom-left corner of the window. A new window will appear. In the top-right corner of this window, click the drop-down menu and select “All time”. Then, in the bottom-left corner of the new window, click “delete”.
Select “all time” from the drop down menu
Select “all time” from the drop down menu. This will ensure that all of your searches are deleted.
Deleting your entire search history is a multi-step process that involves first opening your web browser, then accessing your search engine’s settings, and finally deleting all record of your past searches. The process differs slightly depending on which browser and search engine you’re using, but the steps are generally the same.
To delete your entire search history:
1. Open your web browser and go to your search engine’s homepage.
2. In the top-right corner of the page, click the icon that looks like three vertical dots (or three lines, in some browsers). This will open a drop-down menu.
3. In the drop-down menu, click “Settings.” This will take you to a new page.
4. On the new page, find and click the option that says “Clear browsing data” (or something similar). This will open a pop-up window.
5. In the pop-up window, make sure that the “Browsing history” box is checked. You can also choose to clear other types of data if you want, but for now we’re just focusing on deleting your search history.
6. Once you’ve made sure that the “Browsing history” box is checked, look for a button that says “Clear data” or “Clear browsing data” and click it.
7. Once you’ve clicked the button, a message should pop up saying that your browsing data has been cleared (or something similar). At this point, all record of your past searches should be deleted from your browser’s history!
Deleting Specific Items From Your Search History
You can delete single items or your entire search history from your Google account. Deleting items from your search history will stop them from appearing when you search and will delete your Web & App Activity.
Open your Google account
The first step is to open your Google account. You can do this by going to the Google homepage and clicking on the blue “Sign In” button in the top right-hand corner. If you’re not already signed in, you’ll be prompted to enter your email address and password. Once you’ve logged into your account, you should see your profile picture or initial in the top right-hand corner of the screen.
Click on this icon, and a drop-down menu will appear. From this menu, select “Account.” On the next page, you’ll see a sidebar on the left-hand side with several options. Click on “Data & personalization.”
##Heading:In the “Activity controls” section, select “Web & App Activity”
You should now be on a page titled “Web & App Activity.” This is where you can view, edit, and delete your Google search history. On this page, you’ll see a switch that says “Web & App Activity is on.” This switch is blue if it has been turned on recently (within the last few days) and gray if it hasn’t been used recently. Beneath this switch, there is a sentence that reads “Allows Google to show you relevant ads based on your activity off Google sites and apps that use our ad network. Includes Safari webpages visited in Private Browsing mode.” If you want to stop Google from tracking your web activity entirely, you can click on this switch to turn it off.
Go to “my activity”
To view and clear your search history, go to My Activity.
For detailed instructions, select your browser:
Scroll through your activity and find the item you want to delete
To view and delete your activity, check the box next to Details. To delete all your activity, at the top right of the page, select More Delete activity by. Below “Delete by date,” select All time.
At the top of your browser window, open the Chrome menu .
On the left, click Clear browsing data. A box will appear.
From the drop-down menu, select how much history you want to delete. To clear everything, select All time. Check the boxes for the info you want Chrome to clear, including “browsing history.” Learn more about the types of browsing data you can delete;
Click Clear data.
Click on the three vertical dots on the right side of the item
We all have moments in our lives we’d rather keep private. Whether it’s an embarrassing search query, or something you don’t want anyone else to know you were looking for, there are ways to keep your searches secret. You can delete all or part of your search history from Google’s My Activity page. Here’s how.
First, go to myactivity.google.com and log in with the Google account you want to delete searches for. On the main My Activity page, you’ll see a timeline of your activity grouped by day. You can click on any day to expand it and see more details.
To delete all searches from your history, click on the Menu icon on the top right corner of the page and select Delete activity by.
A new window will pop up, giving you the option to select how far back in time you want to delete your searches. You can choose to delete all history, or only history from specific time periods: last hour, today, last 7 days, last 28 days, or All time. You can also select specific products whose history you want to delete: for example, only searches made using Chrome, or only activity on YouTube.
Once you’ve selected everything you want to delete, click Delete at the bottom of the window and your history will be wiped clean!
Whether you’re concerned about your privacy or just want to get rid of some old search history, deleting specific items from your search history is easy. Here’s how:
1. Open the Google app on your Android device.
2. Tap the three lines in the upper left corner of the screen, then tap “History.”
3. On the “History” screen, tap “Edit.”
4. To delete a single item from your history, tap the checkbox next to it, then tap “Delete.” To delete multiple items, tap the checkboxes next to all of the items you want to delete, then tap “Delete.”
5. To delete all of your search history, tap “Clear all.”