- How to clear your search history on Google
- How to clear your search history on Microsoft Edge
- How to clear your search history on Opera
- How to clear your search history on Brave
- How to clear your search history on Vivaldi
Here’s a step-by-step guide on how to clear your search history in Google, Safari, Firefox, and Edge.
Checkout this video:
Search engines keep track of your activity so they can provide personalized results, which can be both convenient and frustrating. If you’re looking for a way to keep your web searches private, or if you simply want to clean up your search history, there are a few different ways you can go about it. Here’s how to clear your search history in a few of the most popular browsers.
How to clear your search history on Google
Google search history can be a great way to keep track of the things you have searched for in the past. However, there may be times when you want to clear your search history. This can be for privacy reasons or because you simply don’t need it anymore. In either case, here’s how to clear your search history on Google.
How to clear your search history on Firefox
Assuming you’re signed into your Google account (this is necessary to clear your search history), head to myactivity.google.com on the web, or open the My Activity app on iOS or Android. Click the three dots in the top-right corner of the main screen, then click “Delete activity by.” From here, you can select how far back in time you want to delete your activity, whether it’s all of it, the past hour, the past day, or even all time. You can also Filter by product if you only want to delete searches from a specific Google service like YouTube or Chrome.
How to clear your search history on Safari
Assuming you want to keep your browsing history private from people who have access to your computer, the first thing you should do is quit Safari completely by pressing ⌘+Q. This step is important because simply closing the window doesn’t quit Safari—it just hides it. If you don’t quit the application, anyone who knows where to look can easily reopen it and see where you’ve been.
With Safari closed, open the Finder and go to your Home folder. From there, open the Library folder, then the Preferences folder inside of that. Find the com.apple.Safari.plist file and delete it—this is where Safari stores all of its settings, including your browsing history.
Now that you’ve deleted the com.apple.Safari.plist file, restart Safari and it will create a new, empty one in its place. Your browsing history will be gone, but so will all of your other settings like bookmarks and autofill information—if you want to preserve that stuff, don’t delete the plist file!
How to clear your search history on Microsoft Edge
When you use Microsoft Edge, your browsing data is stored locally on your device. This data includes things like your browsing and download history, cookies, and cached website data. You can delete some or all of this data to help keep your browsing sessions private.
To delete your browsing data:
1. In Microsoft Edge, select Settings and more > Settings.
2. Under “Clear browsing data,” select Choose what to clear.
3. Select the items you want to clear:
-Cookies and saved website data
-Cached data and files
4. Select Clear. A notification appears when the process is complete.
How to clear your search history on Opera
If you want to keep your browsing history secret on Opera, you need to clear it regularly. Here’s how to do it.
First, open the Opera browser and click on the Menu in the top-left corner of the window. Next, click on Settings.
In the Settings menu, select Privacy & security.
Under the Privacy & security heading, find the Clear browsing data option and click on it.
A new window will pop up; make sure that the Browsing history option is selected and then click on the Clear data button.
Your search history will now be cleared in Opera!
How to clear your search history on Brave
If you’re using the Brave browser, you can clear your search history manually or set the browser to clear your history automatically when you exit. Here’s how:
To clear your search history manually:
1. Click the hamburger menu in the top-right corner of the window.
2. Click ‘History.’
3. Click ‘Clear browsing data.’
4. In the ‘Time range’ drop-down box, select ‘All time.’
5. Check the boxes next to ‘Browsing history’ and ‘Download history.’
6. Click ‘Clear data.’
To set Brave to clear your search history automatically when you exit:
1. Click the hamburger menu in the top-right corner of the window.
2. Hover over ‘Brave’ and click ‘Preferences.’ Alternatively, you can press Ctrl+Shift+P (Windows) or Command+Shift+P (Mac) to open the Preferences pane directly. If you’re using a different browser, refer to its documentation for instructions on how to access preferences or settings.
3. On the left side of the Preferences pane, click ‘Shields.’
4., Under ‘History,’ next to ‘Remember browsing history,’ select ‘Never remember history.’
5., Close the Preferences pane.
How to clear your search history on Vivaldi
Vivaldi is a feature-rich, cross-platform web browser built for power-users. As part of our commitment to privacy, we designed Vivaldi so that you can browse the web your way, without having to worry about your data being collected and sold by Big Tech.
One of the ways we protect your privacy is by giving you the option to clear your search history whenever you want. In this article, we’ll show you how to clear your search history in Vivaldi on desktop and Android.
1. Open the Vivaldi browser and click on the menu icon in the top-left corner of the window.
2. From the menu, select “History.”
3. On the History page, click on the “Clear History” button in the top-right corner of the window.
4. In the popup window that appears, select how far back you want to clear your history. You can choose to clear your browsing history from today, yesterday, or all time.
5. Once you’ve made your selection, click on the “Clear History” button at the bottom of the popup window.
6. That’s it! Your selected search history will now be cleared from Vivaldi.
1. Open Vivaldi on your Android device and tap on the menu icon in the top-right corner of the screen (it looks like three dots).
2. From the menu that appears, select “Settings.”
3. On the Settings page, tap on “Clear private data.”
4. In the popup window that appears, tap on “Browsing History.”
5. Once you’ve selected Browsing History, tap on “Clear Data” in the bottom-right corner of the screen. 6 That’s it! Your search history will now be cleared from Vivaldi on Android
In conclusion, it is important to know how to clear your search history for a number of reasons. Whether you want to keep your privacy or simply start fresh with a new search, clearing your history is a good idea. Fortunately, it is easy to do on most devices and browsers.