How to Delete History in Youtube-This is a step by step guide on how to clear your search history on the YouTube app
Checkout this video:
We all have that one embarrassing video from our childhood that we’d rather not have anyone see. Maybe it’s a goofy dance performance, or a home movie where we said and did some pretty embarrassing things. Whatever the case may be, you’re probably not too thrilled about having that video show up in your YouTube history for everyone to see.
Fortunately, YouTube makes it relatively easy to delete your watch history. We’ll show you how it’s done on both the desktop and mobile versions of YouTube.
Deleting Search History
Deleting your history can be done in a few steps and is a relatively easy process. You may want to delete your history for privacy reasons, or to free up some space on your device. Either way, follow the steps below to delete your history.
Pausing your search history
When you pause your history, YouTube will stop saving your future activity. You can delete single search items from your history or pause your history altogether.
To find your paused history or delete single search items:
1. Go to https://www.youtube.com/feed/history.
2. At the top right, select More Delete activity by.
3. Below “History Type,” select the type of history you want to delete. To clear all search queries, select All time.
4. Check the boxes next to the items you want to delete from your history 5.At the top right of the page, select Delete .
Deleting all search history
To delete all search history:
1. Go to youtube.com and sign in (if you aren’t already).
2. Click on the three lines in the top left corner of the main screen.
3. In the drop-down menu, hover over “History: and then click “History Type”.
4 .A new window will pop up. In the “History Type” drop-down menu, select “All History”.
5 .Click on the blue “Clear All History” button at the bottom of the window.
6 .In the pop-up window that appears, click “OK”.
Deleting Watch History
YouTube keeps a log of everything you watch while signed in to your account. Deleting your watch history is a good way to keep your viewing habits private. You can delete all your watch history or just certain parts of it. Let’s get started.
Pausing your watch history
You can prevent videos from being added to your watch history by pausing your history. When you pause watch history, YouTube will stop saving videos to your watch history, including anything you’re currently watching. You can find the “pause watch history” setting under “History Type” in your Watch History settings.
To pause your watch history:
1. Go to YouTube and sign in.
2. In the top right, click More .
4. On the left, click Watch History. If this setting is off, you will be asked to turn it on before continuing..
5. Under “History Type,” select Pause watch historyor Pause search history..
Deleting all watch history
If you’re signed in, and want to delete your entire watch history, follow these steps:
Open YouTube and sign in. In the top right corner of the main screen, click on your Profile icon. Select History: Watchhistory. On your watchhistory page, click on the 3 dots next to a video you want to delete and select Remove from Watch History Delete all watch history. To finish, click REMOVE ALL WATCH HISTORY.
Or, if you want to delete just one video from watch history:
Open YouTube and sign in. In the top right corner of the main screen, click on your Profile icon. Select History: Watchhistory. On your watchhistory page, click on the 3 dots next to a video you want to delete and select Remove from Watch History Delete all watch history.
Completing these steps will delete your entire history on YouTube. If you only want to delete certain items, check out our guide on how to do that here.