Whether you’re trying to keep your YouTube searches private from others who use your device or you simply want to clear out your search history for a fresh start, here’s how to delete your YouTube search history.
Checkout this video:
You’ve probably watched a lot of videos on YouTube that you don’t want anyone to know about. Maybe you’ve been watching a lot of cat videos, or maybe you’ve been researching how to make a bomb. Either way, you can delete your YouTube search history so that no one will ever know.
1. Go to https://www.youtube.com in your web browser and log in.
2. Click on the three lines in the top left corner of the main YouTube page, and then click “History:3. On the History page, there are two options: “Watch History” and “Search History.” Click “Search History.”4. On the Search History page, there is an option to clear all search history. There is also an option to clear search history for specific searches. To clear all search history, click “Clear all search history.” To clear search history for specific searches, hover your mouse over the specific search you want to erase and click the X that appears next to it.5. When you’re finished deleting your YouTube search history, you can close the window or tab containing your YouTube account
Deleting Your Entire Search History
If you want to erase everything, the quickest way is to head to your YouTube Activity Controls page. This can be accessed from the drop-down menu under your account icon in the top-right corner of any YouTube page.
Under “History,” you should see an option to “Pause watch history.” You’ll be asked to confirm this decision. Once you do, your entire watch history will be erased—but any new videos you watch will still be added to your account unless you also pause your search history.
Deleting Specific Searches from Your History
If you want to remove a single item from your search history, start by opening YouTube and signing in. Next to the search bar, you’ll see a three-dot icon. Click it, then click “History: Search History.”
On the next screen, you’ll see a list of your recent searches. To the right of each one, there’s an “X” that you can click to remove that particular search. Just click the “X,” and the entry will be removed from your history.
YouTube offers both a web-based interface and mobile apps for iOS and Android. You can use either one to delete your search history.
To delete your YouTube search history on the web:
1. Go to https://www.youtube.com in a web browser.
2. Click on your profile image in the top right corner of the screen.
3. Select “History: from the drop-down menu that appears.
4. On the “History” page, click on the “Clear all search history” link at the top of the page.
5. In the “Clear search history” dialog box that appears, click on the “Clear all search history” button to confirm that you want to delete your entire YouTube search history.
To delete your YouTube search history using the YouTube app for iOS:
1. Open the YouTube app on your iPhone or iPad and sign in if necessary.
2. Tap on the Search tab at the bottom of the screen (it looks like a magnifying glass).
3. Tap on the History tab at the top of the screen (it looks like a clock).
4. Tap on the Clear History button at the bottom of the screen to confirm that you want to delete your entire YouTube search history on iOS