A new blog post about the most lethal soldiers in history.
Checkout this video:
The most kills ever
There is no single answer to this question as it depends on a number of factors, such as the type of conflict, the era in which the soldiers fought, and the available records. However, there are some soldiers who are believed to have had high kill counts.
during World War II, Soviet soldier Ivan Sanzharevsky is believed to have killed between 375 and 575 German soldiers. Sanzharevsky was a sniper and part of the 3rd Shock Army. He was killed in action in 1945.
Another soldier with a high kill count is Francis Pegahmagabow, a Canadian First Nations soldier who served in World War I. Pegahmagabow is believed to have killed more than 300 enemy soldiers, making him the most decorated First Nations soldier in Canadian history. He was also awarded the Military Medal three times for his bravery in battle.
The deadliest soldiers in history
From the ancient world’sAlexander the Great to the modern day’s British SAS, these are 25 of history’s deadliest soldiers.
1. Alexander the Great – Alexander III of Macedon, commonly known as Alexander the Great, was a king of Macedon, a state in northern ancient Greece. Born in Pella in 356 BC, Alexander succeeded his father, Philip II, to the throne at age 20. He spent most of his ruling years on an unprecedented military campaign through Asia and northeast Africa, and by the age of thirty he had created one of the largest empires of the ancient world
2. The Spartan Hoplites – The Spartans were one of the most famous warrior societies in all of ancient Greece. They were also considered some of the toughest and fiercest fighters in all of history. The core of their military was formed by their heavy infantry known as “hoplites”. These men were armed with a long wooden shield (large enough to cover their entire body), a short wooden spear, a sword, and armor that protected their chest and legs
3. Attila The Hun – Attila became leader of the Huns in 434 AD. He quickly began ravaging Europe, conquering vast swaths of land including Germany, Italy, and even France. It is estimated that during his reign he was responsible for the deaths of over 1 million people
4. Genghis Khan – Genghis Khan was born into poverty in Mongolia in 1162 AD but would go on tofound oneof history’s largest empires. By 1206 he had unified all the steppe tribes under his rule and started his conquest westward into China and Central Asia
5. Hernan Cortes – Hernan Cortes was a Spanish conquistador who led an expedition that causedthe fallof the Aztec Empireand brought large portionsof mainland Mexicounder Spanish rule. His full name was Hernan Perez de Olguin but he is better known simply as Hernan Cortes
6. Napoleon Bonaparte – Napoleon Bonaparte was oneofhistory’s most successful military commanderswith over 70 majorbattlefield victoriesto his credit including such things asthe Battleof Austerlitzandthe Battleof Waterloo He became Emperorof Francein 1804 but would ultimatelymeethis downfall atthe Battleof Waterloo againsta coalition armyled by British commander Wellington
The most kills in a single battle
In the history of warfare, there have been many soldiers who have accrued a large number of kills in a single battle. However, the soldier with the most kills in a single battle is believed to be Sergeant Charles Benjamin “Stormin’ Norman” Doss of the United States Army.
Doss was a medic during World War II, and he was awarded the Medal of Honor for his actions during the Battle of Okinawa. During the battle, Doss saved the lives of 75 soldiers while never firing a shot himself. He was wounded several times during the battle, but he continued to rescue and treat his fellow soldiers until he was finally evacuated.
While Sergeant Doss is believed to be the soldier with the most kills in a single battle, there are many other soldiers who have killed a large number of people during their careers. For example, Sergeant Major Chris Kyle of the United States Navy Seal Team 3 is believed to have killed more than 255 people during his time in Iraq.
The most kills in a single day
In Afghanistan on October 3, 2009, Staff Sergeant David Bellavia killed at least twenty-five Taliban soldiers in a single day. This number is unconfirmed, as the Taliban does not keep records of their killed, but it is certain that Bellavia killed more Taliban soldiers in a single day than any other soldier in history.
The most kills in a single war
In modern times, the soldier with the most kills in a single war is American Marine Sniper Staff Sergeant Carlos Hathcock. During the Vietnam war, Hathcock killed 93 confirmed enemy soldiers and possibly many more.